They Say The Village No Longer Exists…
We Changed That.
The Misfit Mamas, Inc. is an organization dedicated to bringing that village to families across Connecticut. Through both in-person and virtual gatherings, we find genuine connection and meaningful friendships.
With the help of our volunteers, we coordinate numerous meet-ups throughout our state each week in hopes that every family, no matter what season of life they are in , are able to find something that fits their individual needs and interests. We thrive on spreading that extra love and creating the village we all have looking for!
We put the Fun in Dysfunctional!
We Put The Fun in Dysfunctional
The Misfit Mamas Inc. is all about bringing families together to help them find genuine connection and friendships with others in their area. We do this through offering a wide variety of event options while trying to keep them fun and and easy-going. We offer workshops and educational opportunities, various support groups & resources, tons of fun meet-ups, unique special events, and more! Our hope is to help all our families- no matter what season of parenthood they are in- find that village they need!
Here at The Misfit Mamas Inc. we believe the Misfit represents each individual's uniqueness. We want to honor and embrace that in each of our parents, kiddos, and families! We aren't meant to fit into a cookie cutter mold. Parenthood is messy, it's fun, it's full of ebbs and flows and we want to embrace and support all that comes with it!
The Misfits 2023 Virtual
Join us for our latest fundraiser!! The Misfits 2023 Virtual Gingerbread House Competition- a fun new and interactive fundraising opportunity coming tonight that kids and adults can take part in to help our efforts to secure Briarwood!
Mini Misfits: 5 years and under
Junior Misfits: 6-11 years old
Teen Misfits: 12 - 17 years old
Adult Misfits: 18 years+
Awards will be given to 1st and 2nd place winners in each category, as well as a Best In Show winner. 1st and 2nd place winners will receive a stocking full of goodies!
With our Best In Show winning a $100 Visa Gift Card!
Winners will be announced on our social media & website on 12.24.23 at 11am!
All Gingerbread Houses must be 100% edible candy/embellishments/materials except for lights 'inside/outside' the house.
Non-edible support structure material other than the baseboard may not be used.
No artificial interior materials, such as Styrofoam or wood, are to be used to construct or decorate the house.
Entry must have been constructed in 2023.
The Gingerbread House may take on any theme you like! The more creative the better! Think about your favorite book, place, or tv show even!
Entree's must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on 12.17.23 to be entered.
Voting begins on 12.18.23 -12.23.23 11:55 PM EST
Winner announced 12.24.23 at 11am EST
Enter The 2023 Virtual Misfits Holiday Gingerbread House Contest Below!
Become A Misfit Member & earn rewards & Perks!
Basic Misfit0$Become a Member of The Misfit Village today receive access to The Misfit Community!Free Plan
- Access to our Private Misfit Community
- Become part of our Misfit Villagers rewards program
- Earn 50 Village Points for signing-up
Premium Misfit9.99$Every monthPerfect for those looking to save!
- 10% off Misfit Events
- Merch Discounts
- Reward Points!
Find Connection at an upcoming event!
- Multiple DatesSat, Dec 09West HartfordDec 09, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMWest Hartford, 20 S Main St, West Hartford, CT 06107, USADec 09, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMWest Hartford, 20 S Main St, West Hartford, CT 06107, USAJoin us at the Children's Area of the West Hartford Public Library for Snacks & Crafts every Saturday from 10am - 11:30am. Geared towards kids 2 and under, older siblings are welcome. Look for the mamarator in the pink or black t-shirt with the Misfit logo!
- Multiple DatesSun, Dec 10Meriden MallDec 10, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AMMeriden Mall, 470 Lewis Ave, Meriden, CT 06451, USA
- Multiple DatesSun, Dec 10Westfarms MallDec 10, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMWestfarms Mall, 500 W Farms Mall, Farmington, CT 06032, USA
- Membership OfferSun, Dec 10Small Batch Cellar WineryDec 10, 2023, 12:30 PM – 2:00 PMSmall Batch Cellar Winery, 37 Nettleton Ave, North Haven, CT 06473, USADec 10, 2023, 12:30 PM – 2:00 PMSmall Batch Cellar Winery, 37 Nettleton Ave, North Haven, CT 06473, USAThis free 1.5 workshop is for parents who want support around reclaiming their sex lives after becoming parents. Certified Sex Therapist and Coach Jodi Williams will lead this interactive and informative workshop offering a framework for getting excited about having sex again!
- Multiple DatesMon, Dec 11NewingtonDec 11, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMNewington, 66 Cedar St #208, Newington, CT 06111, USADec 11, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMNewington, 66 Cedar St #208, Newington, CT 06111, USAJoin us each Monday from 11-12pm at Tulip Therapy: Pediatric PT, in Newington for a FREE Infant & Toddler indoor play time meet-up! This is geared towards children from 0-3 years old. Spots are limited to 10 children.
- Multiple DatesTue, Dec 12CheshireDec 12, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMCheshire, 104 Main St, Cheshire, CT 06410, USADec 12, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMCheshire, 104 Main St, Cheshire, CT 06410, USAJoin us at the Children's Area of the Cheshire Public Library for Tiny Tots every Tuesday from 10am - 12pm. Geared towards kids 3 and under, older siblings are welcome. Look for the mamarator in the pink or black t-shirt with the Misfit logo!
- Membership OfferTue, Dec 12Cafe Luca BelleDec 12, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMCafe Luca Belle, 167 Center St, Wallingford, CT 06492, USADec 12, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMCafe Luca Belle, 167 Center St, Wallingford, CT 06492, USACome join us for our next Mamas craft night at Cafe Luca Belle for some ornament-making. As always, purchase of a ticket includes a cup of coffee and pastry from the Cafe. Premium members get a discount for this event. Can't wait to see you there!
- Multiple DatesTue, Dec 12ZoomDec 12, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:00 PMZoom
- Multiple DatesFri, Dec 15Revel Gymnastics- New Britain YWCADec 15, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMRevel Gymnastics- New Britain YWCA, 19 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051, USADec 15, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMRevel Gymnastics- New Britain YWCA, 19 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051, USAJoin us for fun as kids have supervised exploration of an open gymnastics gym for them to gain comfort and familiarity in at Revel Gymnastics in the YWCA New Britain at their own pace and burn off energy while parents connect! Geared for Children 6 and under.
- Multiple DatesSat, Dec 164133 Whitney AveDec 16, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM4133 Whitney Ave, 4133 Whitney Ave, Hamden, CT 06518, USADec 16, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM4133 Whitney Ave, 4133 Whitney Ave, Hamden, CT 06518, USACome join us for some creative play and sensory exploration at Messy Hands & Happy Hearts in Hamden! This event is open to all ages. Formal diagnosis is not required to participate. Location: 4133 Whitney Ave, Hamden, CT 06518
- Multiple DatesSun, Dec 17Buckland HillsDec 17, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMBuckland Hills, 194 Buckland Hills Dr, Manchester, CT 06042, USA
- Fri, Dec 29Visual ExpressionsDec 29, 2023, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PMVisual Expressions, 775 Silver Ln, East Hartford, CT 06118, USADec 29, 2023, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PMVisual Expressions, 775 Silver Ln, East Hartford, CT 06118, USAJoin us for a fun holiday part at one of our epic Ink Nites!! Join us on December 29th at Visual Expressions in East Hartford for our Holiday Party! Flash designs will be posted in our private Facebook community ahead of the event. Spend time connecting with new friends at this mamas-only event.
Virtual Support Groups
You don't have to lose yourself to parenthood. We're here for you.
Our support groups are lead by certified birth & postpartum doulas, lactation counselors, social workers, and seasoned mamas. We're here for youto lean on, provide resources, tools, tips and other support you may need.
Please note if you are in need of immediate assistance or are in crisis please call 988, the new national suicide hotline, 211, 911, or The PSI (Postpartum Support International) at 1-800-944-4773 (4PPD). we are here to support you wherever we can.
The System is Failing Us.
We Have a Plan
To Fix It.
Help The Misfits Purchase Briarwood!
The Misfit Mamas Inc. currently runs entirely on volunteer efforts. We do not have a facility or office that we run out of. However we have found the perfect property, right here in Southington Connecticut to lay our roots, and open our first family center. One that would change the lives of so many families, that don’t have family near by to be their village, or qualify for assistance or services available. There is a large grey gap in our system, and it is failing millions of families. Our center would help us change it all.
But we need your help! Interested in investing? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. n
An Online Community Like
The Misfit Mamas Inc. has created an online community unlike anything out there. One you can go to and vent, laugh, and seek advice, without the fear of judgment. We have a firm “Mind Your Own Parenthood” rule here. We are all doing our best to raise good humans, while healing from our own traumas in life, and trying to do better. Our admins work hard to ensure that our community remains a safe space for our families to turn to, whenever they need it.
We Aren’t Just For Mamas!
While The Mamas is where it all started, The Misfit Mamas Inc. welcomes all caregivers to attend play dates and find support and their village here.
We have been working hard to build up this village for our dads, and have our own private community for them, as well as new Dad lead events, and support groups starting fall of 2023!
Q- Is a Membership Required?
A- Memberships are not required to view our website, attend events, or follow our company page. We do have a private, free, facebook community that accepts members based on approval questions. Our website also has varying price points for memberships. Our paid memberships, while not required, are encouraged as they help you gain access to discounts on events as well as merch, savings at our partnerships, and rewards points!
Q- Are dads, grandparents or caregivers able to attend?
A- Yes! We love when families make it to our weekly events, whether that's one on one or all together. We do ask that whoever is attending, please RSVP so we know how many families to expect. We do have some special events that are listed as Mamas only or Dads only etc. these events will always specify in the description when they are Moms only, nurslings allowed, etc.
Q- What types of events do you hold?
A- We host weekly meet-ups most of which are free like our Picnic and Plays, Tiny Tots library days, Sunday Strolls. We also host weekly or monthly ticketed events through our partnerships such as Open Gym at gymnastic studios, Special needs sensory events, or Indoor play spaces playdates during the cooler months. We also host ticketed special events each month, these vary but have included; Mamas only self defense classes, craft nights, Ink Nite tattoo events, clothing swaps, holiday outings etc. as well as family outings like our Spring Egg-stravaganza, trunk or treat, winter festival, and so much more!
Q- Why are some events ticketed?
A- Some events have ticket prices attached because they cost us money to host, Whether that means paying venues, purchasing supplies, refreshments, decorations, etc. We always make sure our ticket prices are fair for what it costs us and any minimal extra we make goes right back into our organization.
Q- What do donations go towards?
A- All donations unless specified, go directly into our organisation. We are a non-profit here in CT. Most donations go to operational costs like maintaining our website, helping us purchase needed supplies and equipment, marketing material, etc. Some events' profits such as our clothing swaps go separately into our Community Care Collective. We also have some donations towards our fundraising effort to purchase and open our first open community center here in CT!
Q- What does the Community Care Collective do?
A- This is a team of our amazing, hard working volunteers who work to help other families in our community. Anyone who needs help can fill out a request form and we will do our best to meet those needs. This sometimes means giving formula or food, personal hygiene supplies, clothes, shoes, connections to resources they can apply for, etc.
Q- What is this community center we are raising money towards?
A- We are actively fundraising to open our first Misfit Family Center. This would be a space that is open to our families to visit and play in our free space, low cost drop in daycare with extended hours, and facilities specifically for our special needs families. We also hope to be able to offer transitional housing for teens and young adults phasing out of the foster care systems, or families down on their luck to have reduced rent in family dorms for a set period of time in exchange for utilizing resources and taking financial literacy classes, volunteer hours, etc.
Meet The Team
Founder & CEO
Chief Executive Assistant
Chief Development Director